Sunday, April 20, 2008

I want to come now!!

So I am a little impatient just like mum. Friday we were in Kimberly at Union meetings, I decided I was ready, mum ignored me for most of the day but by 9:00 she was getting a little worried and called Leah. She told mum to go to Carnbrook. Mum didn't really think anything was wrong so she didn't even pack her hotel room up. At the hospital they found that the contractions were coming steady and her cervix was a little dialated. Cranbrook has no facilities for a baby my age so the Doctor told mum they were going to airlift us out. Mum freaked out, Dad was in Creston but decided to wait until we knew where I would be going. Finally a room was found at the BC women's hospital in Vancouver and Dad just made it to the airport in time. Mum had to pee rally bad before getting on the plane and the air ambulance men told her she would have to use a bed pan, mum asked if she could just bush pee on the tarmac behind the ambulance so that's what she did. Dad wished he had a camera. Mum was really happy that Vancouver is where she is because we have had many visitors. The really sucky part is that we can not go back to Creston for 6 weeks. Maybe I won't be coming out now because the meds they have given mum have stopped the contractions. She is not looking forward to six weeks of bed rest though! If things settle down they will allow us to leave the hospital but stay close so she is praying that she will be allowed to do her bed rest at Brad's brother's house. Auntie Cat flew in from Camrose to help mum out. Nanna and Grandpa are in Creston and not very happy about it but Mum told her there is nothing she can do here, they will come to visit next weekend. Mum is feeling fine which makes lying in bed even harder. She is hating leaving work so abruptly and she is going to miss her kids at school. Well more tests Monday so I will keep you posted.
kokanee Baby

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly cow lady sounds like you have been through a lot!!! You are a strong woman and I am sure that you will pull through this just fine. Will be thinking of you (still chuckling about you peeing on the tarmac).
Meghan W.
PS- I am living in Vancouver so look me up if you are bored over the next few weeks and I will pop by for a visit.

Cat said...

hey meghan,

this is carolyn's sister...we are not sure how long she will be in van for...feel free to come by the hospital remember to ask for Helena and then her married name...she is at the women's hospital...and trust me she is bored

K said...

Ahhhhhhh too much action in so little time!! You scared me! I wish I could come and hang out with you while you're on bedrest.

Post some pictures if you can. I want to see your sexy leggings.

Cat said...

sorry i have your purse i didn't realize until i was on the train please don't hate me...tell me who is coming out to visit you next and i will it to them for you..i only had to wait 30 secs for the train...it was good timing