Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nice to be out of the hospital

Well even though this all still really sucks it is nice to out of the hospital. I didn't have my own room and that really was terrible. I am at Brad's brothers house which is close to the hospital. It is nice to be in a regular bed and have a window to open. I have to stay here at least three weeks possibly four. My contractions have really slowed down however my cervix has shortened so there is a high possibility of going into labour. They have done everything they can, I have had the steroids to strengthen the babies lungs and they have given me all the medicine they can to stop the contractions. I am not having any other issues such as high blood pressure so there is no reason to be at the hospital. A nurse comes to visit me here twice a week to listen the baby, take blood pressure etc. I will have to go to Royal hospital once a week for ultrasound. I am getting a little pissy it seems that the attitude is that this is easy or even enjoyable for me to be confined to bed so that is very frustrating. I am using Laura's laptop now but I will be getting my own so e-mail is the best way to communicate with me. proud@telus.net

4 comments:

Cat said...

i am at litsa's right now think you could call me

Anonymous said...

I know it must be frustrating, but it really will make all the difference in the end... My friend had her baby 6 weeks early. She didn't have time to get the steriod to strengthen the lungs, so baby had to stay in the hospital for 4 weeks to get her strong enough to go. She also was in PG so she was 4 hours from home and husband worked here in Smithers. Her baby had so much testing done that they had to do therapy just to let people touch her feet! So now is a good time to catch up on all the reading you ever wanted to do, get all the icecream you have ever wanted to eat, and make everyone around you treat you like a princess! Let me know if you need a book...
Take Care, Jamie

K said...

Who's giving you a hard time about being in bed?

Just tell me who...I'll kick some ass.

Could you please email me your address??

Anonymous said...

Someone needs an attitude adjustment. The sooner you get a tv, laptop, and a phone the better. No time to shop around and compare prices for a year, get to it. See you soon. Heather and VickiW send their best.